Us on the Boat
Here we are on the Streets’ boat at Kentucky Lake over the Memorial Day weekend.
It always seems like there aren’t very many pictures of the two of us together. At least, I don’t have many from my camera unless I hand it off to someone else to take a picture, which is what I did here.
Besides, who wants to see me in a picture, anyway?
Photo location: Kentucky Lake, Tennessee
HDR from a single RAW file tonemapped in Photomatix, edited in GIMP
The Burnsland List of Relevance for 6/26-7/2
Hold on to your horses! It’s another edition of the Burnsland List of Relevance. Unless, of course, you don’t have any horses to hold on to. But even then, it’s still another edition of the Burnsland List of Relevance.
- Holiday Weekend - It’s another holiday weekend! And this holiday actually falls on a Monday! Unlike most holidays where they pretend that it falls on a Monday so that we can have a long weekend.
- People - If you haven’t noticed, all the pictures here at the Burnsland Blog this week have been of people. I’m often told that I don’t have that many people pictures, so there you go. And without people, the world would be a pretty lonely place, wouldn’t it?
- Elephants - I don’t know why. So don’t bother asking.
- Charley Pride - Someone mentioned him yesterday, and I’ve had “Kiss An Angel Good Morning ” in my head ever since. They just don’t make country songs like they used to.
- Fireworks - One of our July 4th holiday traditions is watching our neighbors shoot fireworks. From the safe distance of our home, of course. I hope they do them again this year. Always interesting to see them light one and then yell, “Oh no!”
- Heat - July 4th always seems to be hot. Just checked the weather forecast - a predicted high of 97. Swimming pool, anyone?
- Weed killer - Why is it that whenever I’m spraying brush and weed killer around the yard, wearing gloves to protect my hands, I feel the need to scratch my nose?
- Independence - Happy Independence Day! Of course, no matter how independent we try to be, we are still dependent. Deep thought of the day.