Here is the Burnsland List of Thanksgiving. Sort of a special holiday version of the Burnsland List of Relevance, if you will. And as you know, Thanksgiving is really all about thanking God for our blessings. What am I thankful for? Here are just a few things:
- Health - We have had our ups and downs this year, just like most any other year, but we are overall healthy. Which is always good.
- Home - Our house really isn’t anything spectacular. As far as house design and decoration goes, it really is pretty simple. But it keeps us warm, cool, and/or dry at the appropriate times, and that is enough.
- Food - I like to eat. And we have always been blessed with food for all of our meals. Sometimes more than we really need.
- Church - Of course, you know that the church isn’t the building. The church is the people. We have a fantastic church family. I don’t see how some people make it without that.
- Extended Family - Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, and all those others. We have a large extended family. And it is good to have them to rely on.
- Friends - We have friends, and then we have our real friends. You know, those friends who are like your family. If you don’t have those, I would suggest you find some.
- Family - I have a wonderful wife. I have a wonderful son. And they are stuck with me, for better or worse. I don’t know about them, but I couldn’t ask for more.
As I mentioned before, that is just a partial list. I could go on and on, and I am sure you could, too. I am also thankful that we have a specific time to be thankful to God, although we should really be that way all year long. Because we are truly and greatly blessed.