Spaceship Earth is framed by trees in this view from outside of the entrance of Epcot at Walt Disney World in Florida. And the trees overhead make this view a little deceiving as to the impressive height of Spaceship Earth. If a tree were really taller than the sphere, that would be one really tall tree!
Click for a larger view
Photo location: Epcot, Walt Disney World, Florida
Three exposures (-2, 0, +2) from a single RAW file tonemapped in Photomatix, edited in GIMP
Observations of the Past Week (4/10-4/16)
Nothing better than chocolate chip cookies straight out of the oven! (Oh, stop it! You’re just making me hungry!)
Rain on Monday is always better than rain on Saturday and Sunday. (Can I get an amen?)
A watched pot never boils. A boiled watch goes to pot. (But who boils their watch?)
It’s a beautiful day outside! I think I’ll go sit outside for a while. At Jaylin’s baseball practice. But that’s still okay. (Any excuse to sit outside on a nice day is a good one.)
I think there’s a new saying: Every time a nose blows, and angel gets his toes. (And as much as I’ve been blowing my nose, there are some angels with some extra toes.)
Why did the turkey cross the road? To avoid getting hit by our car! (Of course, it could have crossed a little more quickly.)
It’s time for the Thursday afternoon crawl of time! Don’t bother looking at the clock - it hasn’t changed. (Enough said.)
When I have something to accomplish, Friday goes by so quickly. No time to savor the Fridayness. (And yes, Fridayness is really a word. Because I just used it.)
Yay - another tornado watch. (But they apparently don’t mean for you to go to the window and watch for one. Who knew?)
The Burnsland List of Relevance for 4/17-4/23
The Burnsland List of Relevance arrives a day early because of the holiday tomorrow. And here you thought you were going to have to do without it!
- Easter Bunny - He doesn’t get as much press as Santa Claus, but that means the paparazzi doesn’t follow him around as much, which he doesn’t mind.
- Easter Eggs - Did you know if you leave hard boiled Easter Eggs sitting around for a while, they start to smell really neat? Go ahead, try it!
- Storms - I stayed up late the other night to watch the storm coverage on television. Because it was too dark to just look out the window.
- Green - Everything is turning green now. I’m green with envy.
- Calendar - I missed “calendar” in an elementary spelling bee once. I’ve never misspelled it again. Funny how that works.
- Donuts - I just saw that there are some donuts on the breakroom table, but I’m trying to be strong. Besides, I wouldn’t want to hurt the feelings of the bag of M&M’s here on my desk.
- Banjo - Who doesn’t love the sound of a banjo? I think it should be the Official Instrument of the United States. Who’s with me?
- Telephones - No one calls when you want to talk, everyone calls when you are trying to do something else. Attention, telemarketers - don’t bother calling either time.