I like snacks!
Nothing like having a little something to eat every now and then. Especially if it is sweet. Or salty. Or both. Here are some of my favorites:
- M&Ms - They melt in your mouth, not in your hands. Or so they say. Actually, they don’t melt in my mouth, either, because I have already chewed them up before they have a chance to melt.
- Chocolate - Most any kind of chocolate, really. And by that, I mean just plain old milk chocolate. None of the dark chocolate for me. I know it is supposed to be better, but milk chocolate is what I grew up eating, and that is what I like.
- Cookies - Particularly chocolate chip cookies.
- Brownies - Especially the kind with the little chunks of chocolate inside.
- Hershey’s Kisses - Except that I have to eat several before I am satisfied.
Hmm, I’m starting to see a pattern in the sweet choices.
- Peanuts - Nothing like a jar of peanuts. The salted kind, of course. The unsalted ones just don’t taste right to me.
- Chex Mix - It’s salty, and it is good for you. Because it has cereal in it. That is my reasoning, at least.
- Mixed nuts - Each year around Christmas, a salesman brings by a tin of mixed nuts. Which turns out to be mostly cashews and Brazil nuts. So I mostly eat the cashews. And the few pecans they put in there, too.
- Chocolate covered pretzels - A friend gave us some of those for Christmas. Needless to say, they didn’t last long at our house. Pretty cool how they are salty and sweet at the same time.
Of course, snacks aren’t always good for you. And I try not to have too much. Really, I should try not to have any at all on more occasions. Which is hard. Because they are good. And sometimes my stomach starts to growl. Which can be embarrassing, especially if you are at work, or at an important meeting, or at some other place where you are expected to be quiet. And since you can’t just tell your stomach to be quiet, sometimes you have to help it out, right?
Oh well. At least snack time only comes a few times a day. More or less. I’ll try to keep my stomach quiet.