Happy New Year!
It is that time when everyone makes predictions for the upcoming year, so I thought I would take a shot at it as well. After all, I figure I know as much about what will happen as they do, so why not?
Here are my predictions for 2012:
1. There will be a presidential election this year. Yes, that is a pretty bold prediction, but I am sticking with it. We’ll see. I am basing this on the fact that these usually happen in Leap Years, although that may only be a coincidence.
- I will write “2011” on at least one thing. Whether it is a check or some important document, I am thinking it is a good bet that it will happen. And I also predict that I won’t be alone in this.
3. We will have weather this year. This is for all those who say, “We are having a bit of weather right now.” What do you have the rest of the time?
4. Christmas will be on December 25 this year. I am not entirely confident of this, but I’m going out on a limb here.
5. Thanksgiving will be on a Thursday this year. See my reasoning for Christmas above.
6. People will whine and complain about nothing at all. I will be checking out Facebook and Twitter to see if this happens or not.
7. Almost everyone will have a birthday in 2012. Even though some try to avoid it, as I did last year, I think just about everyone will be hit by the birthday phenomenon this year. Even those with a February 29 birthday won’t be able to escape.
So there you have it - my predictions for the new year. More like guesses, really, so if I am wrong, don’t blame me. Blame Nostradamus. Or the Mayans. They started it all.