Morning at Cocoa Beach
Waves reach the shore at Cocoa Beach, Florida, in the early morning as a couple of surfers walk through the water with their boards.
We enjoyed arriving early at the beach each morning for a couple of reasons. The first was because it was easy to find a parking space, and the spaces would all be full by the late morning hours. But also, the early morning hours were quite peaceful. I’m sure that was largely because there weren’t all that many people there. It was a nice time.
Click for a larger view
Photo location: Lori Wilson Park, Cocoa Beach, Florida
HDR from a single RAW file tonemapped in Photomatix, edited in GIMP
The Burnsland List of Relevance for 5/1-5/7
Here is the first Burnsland List of Relevance for the month of May. Believe it or not.
- May - It’s already May? And I was just starting to like April, since most of my sneezing had stopped.
- Water - It’s great to drink, especially on a hot, sunny day. But it isn’t so great when it starts to fill the cities and roads.
- Mother’s Day - Be sure to spend some time with your mother if you still can. Because some aren’t quite so fortunate.
- Bananas - I’ve never been a big fan of bananas. Which just once again goes to show that man is not descended from the apes.
- Pets - I heard a report that it hurts animals’ feelings to be called pets, because it places them on a lower level than us. Okay. Once our pets start washing the dishes and cleaning up after themselves, I’ll start calling them something else.
- Taxes - If they were to come up with a tax on those who come up with new taxes, I think our taxes would suddenly and dramatically decrease.
- Pirates - Real pirates are bad, but movie pirates are good. Try to explain that to your kids.
- Turkeys - I wonder if the turkeys that I often see beside the road know that I eat turkey sandwiches for lunch? If they knew that, they might move out of the way more quickly.