Main Street Fire Station
The Main Street Fire Station of Engine Co. 71 stands near City Hall on Main Street USA in Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. Once a recreation of an old fire station, it has since been converted to yet another shop. Although much of the fire station furnishings are still there, including the stalls in the back for the horses that pulled the engine.
In this picture, it almost looks like the Haunted Mansion Fire Station. Don’t you just love those ominous clouds?
Photo location: Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, Florida
A three-exposure (-2, 0, +2) HDR tonemapped in Photomatix, edited in GIMP
The Burnsland List of Relevance for 5/8-5/14
Here is the Burnsland List of Relevance for this week. And if this is your first time to the List of Relevance, don’t worry – you haven’t missed much.
- Friday the 13th - Superstitious? I’m not. But now I have Stevie Wonder’s “Superstition ” stuck in my head.
- Thirteen - Just to prove that I’m not superstitious, there are 13 tracks on the new Burnsland Orchestra album, Music for Tomorrow .
- Friday the 13th - It can’t be all bad. After all, Friday the 13th is still Friday. Things could be worse.
- Black cats - I saw a black cat on my way to work yesterday. I thought about taking that as a sign to go back to bed.
- Superstitions - What super powers do they have that regular stitions don’t have? I have yet to see one leap a tall building in a single bound.
- Break a Leg - So it’s bad luck to wish a performer good luck? What if they get a good review? They should be proud when I say, “That play stinks!”
- Seven - Doesn’t it seem odd that 7 is a lucky number and 13 is an unlucky number? After all, they are both odd. And I mean that in the nicest way possible.
- Thirteen - For those buildings that don’t have a 13th floor or airports that don’t have a 13th gate, I have news for you. Even if you call the floor above the 12th floor something different, it is still the 13th floor.
- Ladder - It’s bad luck to walk under a ladder. But sometimes that is much safer than climbing on the ladder.
- Rabbit’s foot - Carrying a rabbit’s foot is supposed to bring good luck. Unless, of course, you are the rabbit.
- Horseshoe - A horseshoe above a doorway supposedly brings good luck. Unless it falls and hits you on the head as you walk underneath it.
- Monday the 13th - I would think that would be much worse than Friday the 13th.
- Thirteen - There are 13 items in this list. Doesn’t that make you feel better?