There’s just something about the Grand Floridian Resort that always catches my eye. I think it is the white buildings with the red roofs, with the tall palm trees growing up around them. Whatever it is, I like the look of it.
And then the landscape crews make it even better by throwing in some colorful flowers around the buildings, just to add to the colors even more.
Now if we could only afford to stay there. Oh well, at least they let us visit.
Photo location: Grand Floridian Resort, Walt Disney World, Florida
A three-exposure (-2, 0, +2) HDR tonemapped in Photomatix, edited in GIMP
The Burnsland List of Relevance
What’s relevant this week? Just keep on reading and find out. Or quickly hit the “back” button on your browser. I won’t know the difference.
- Football - The start of the school year means that football can’t be too far behind. And that’s always a good thing.
- Groceries - Why is “groceries” the name for the food we buy at the store? It sounds so close to “gross”, which they aren’t. Except maybe for green beans.
- Ice maker - Did you know the ice maker in your refrigerator has a defrost heater in it? Doesn’t it sound counter productive to have a heater in your freezer?
- Sausage - I wish sausage liked me as much as I like it. But it doesn’t.
- Hard drive space - The first computer with permanent storage we got had a 40 megabyte hard drive, and we thought that was great. Now, I have individual files bigger than that. Lots of them.
- Coca-Cola - My life just wouldn’t be the same without it.
- Gas prices - For the same price as three tanks of gas, you can drill your own oil well! Call now!
- Age - Remember when people would say, “Act your age, not your shoe size!”? Some days, I would rather be my shoe size.
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” - Hebrews 13:5