Ferryboat to the Magic Kingdom
The Monorail is always my favorite way to get from the Transportation and Ticket Center to the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. But sometimes we decide to take the ferryboat, as we did on this particular morning. And while I do like the Monorail, I do like these boats, too. They provide some great views of Seven Seas Lagoon, and they occasionally make for a great view themselves.
Yes, that’s Laura and Jaylin to the right, making their way toward the ferry. And if you look closely in the background, you can see both the Grand Floridian Resort and Cinderella Castle.
Photo location: Transportation and Ticket Center, Walt Disney World, Florida
A three-exposure (-2, 0, +2) HDR tonemapped in Photomatix, edited in GIMP
The Burnsland List of Relevance for 5/15-5/21
It’s that time again! Hide your kids! Unless you need them to explain some of this to you, of course.
- Hot dogs - For each of the last two Saturdays, I have had a hot dog for lunch. They say you are what you eat, so I don’t know if I’m hot, or just a dog.
- Judgement Day - Some guy who doesn’t know any more than the rest of us thinks the world is ending tomorrow, May 21. If you are reading this after the 21st, then it just proves what I was thinking all along.
- Shoes - Where would we be without them? For starters, our socks would have many more holes.
- Calendars - You can’t tell a holiday from a regular day without one. Until you show up for work and no one else is there.
- Pirates - I hear there is some kind of pirate movie opening this weekend. I wonder what that’s all about?
- Watch - Don’t watch your watch, watch the watchdog. I don’t know what that’s all about, but it sounded good.
- Landfill - I paid a visit to our local landfill this morning. Um, what’s that smell?
- Gas prices - I’m going to develop a car that runs on $20 bills. I think that might be cheaper.