Evening at the beach
To me, one of the best things about a beach vacation is an evening walk along the beach. The air is cooler, the beach is less crowded, and things seem really calm. Of course, the waves keep rolling in, but it still seems just a bit quieter.
At Cocoa Beach in Florida, the sun doesn’t set out over the water, because the beach faces the east. But even though you don’t have a sunset view, the sun still lights up the clouds up above, which then reflect in the water, making for some pretty nice scenery.
Photo location: Cocoa Beach Pier, Cocoa Beach, Florida
HDR from a single RAW file, tonemapped in Photomatix, edited in GIMP
For those who are curious, here are some facts about this blog:
- An average of 14 people a day read the Burnsland Blog. I sometimes wish it were more, but you can’t exactly go grab people off the street to read your blog.
- Each visitor looks at an average of 1.3 pages per visit. I don’t know if that’s good or bad. It is what it is. And how do you look at 0.3 pages, anyway?
- People come to the Burnsland Blog from all over the world, but mostly from the United States. Still, in the last month visitors have come from the United Kingdom, Spain, Belarus, Canada, Lithuania, Germany, Colombia, Israel, Australia, Venezuela, China, and India. Pretty cool!
- The largest number of visitors comes here from Facebook and Twitter. But others come from links on other sites. And still others come here from searches on Google and other search engines. I hope they find what they are looking for.
- The Burnsland Blog does make a small bit of money, as does the rest of Burnsland.com. Enough to cover the hosting charges each year, plus a little bit more. But if you are looking to get into the web to make lots of money, it hasn’t happened for me. Yet.
- Being a photographer, I like the format of a picture, along with something else (such as this list). Gives you something to look at, and something to read. Hopefully a little something for everyone.
- The most viewed post for the month of February was Tomorrowland Today / It’s Snow Problem! I would think that was mainly because of the picture, which I thought was really cool. And anyway, who really wants to read about snow?
- I usually try to be funny. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t. No one has called asking me to guest-host their late night talk show yet. But there is a time for seriousness, too. See the Good News from the Bible link at the right, for example.
- Comments are always welcome! Spam comments are promptly deleted, but if you really have something to say, feel free to say it.
- I didn’t really have anything to say today, so I thought I would bore you with some useful facts. If nothing else, this might help cure insomnia. You can thank me later after a good night’s sleep. Just don’t read it while you are driving.