Clouds at the Beach
On our last day at Cocoa Beach last summer, the clouds were starting to move in due to a tropical storm way out in the Atlantic. I don’t believe the storm caused any problems for them there besides some rain. And some very strong winds. After being out in the water, we came back to our umbrella to find our towels almost completely buried in the sand because of the wind. And with all that sand flying around, I didn’t get my camera out to take many pictures, even though the clouds looked pretty neat, as you can see here.
Photo location: Lori Wilson Park, Cocoa Beach, Florida
HDR from a single RAW file tonemapped in Photomatix, edited in GIMP
The Burnsland List of Relevance for 5/22-5/28
Even though it is a holiday weekend, the Burnsland List of Relevance isn’t taking a holiday! Although some probably wish it would take a permanent holiday.
- Memorial Day - Did you know that Memorial Day is a holiday to remember those who have served in the American armed forces? It isn’t just to remember to put on more sunscreen.
- Armed Forces - Both of my grandfathers served during World War II, one in the Navy and one in the Marines. I’m always proud of that.
- Summer - Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer. So by the time the solstice rolls around on June 21, summer is already old news. Much like the newspaper in the internet age.
- Movies - Summer means big movies! If only I had more time to go to a movie.
- Bugs - What would the summer be without all those bugs stuck to the front of my car after a night drive? Nice - that’s what it would be.
- Beach - When I think of summer, I think of the beach. And Hawaiian shirts. But mainly the beach.
- Hamburgers - What is a better summer food than a juicy hamburger cooked out on the grill? A juicy hamburger that someone else cooked out on the grill.
- Mosquitoes - One of the few bad things about summer. But if it is either mosquitoes or no summer, I’ll take the mosquitoes. That’s not to say they won’t die if they land on me, though.