I was looking through some old things, and found this list of 25 random things about me. I had been tagged on Facebook by someone else, so I thought I might as well write something. And it might as well be worth reading, right? So here are my 25 things:
1. Is the loneliest number. That’s why I’m glad to have a lovely wife.
2. Canaan’s land I’m on my way. I can often be found leading singing at church.
3. Times a lady. Not me. See #1
4. Score and seven years ago. I have great admiration for Abraham Lincoln, who was always able to treat everyone with great respect and humility.
5. Foot six. I’m not the tallest person in the world, but I’ve learned to live with that.
6. Days on the road and I’m gonna make it home tonight. It often seems like I spend lots of time in the car.
7. Is the largest single digit prime number. But who cares about that?
8. Is enough. But I’ll keep going until I get 25 things.
9. Times 7 is 63. Not that it has anything to do with anything.
10. Lords a leaping. Yes, I use that same joke every time I have to make a list of some sort.
11. Times 11 times 360 equals the number of square feet in an acre (43,560). Just thought you might could use that fact for something.
12. Years at Harding Academy. I started in the first grade, because we lived in Nashville when I was in kindergarten.
13. Original colonies. I love American history, especially big, thick biographies about people from history.
14. B. Bingo!
15. Years. That’s how long Laura and I have been married. So far. (Okay, so this was originally written over a year ago - that number has changed now.)
16. Things you may not know about me. Yes, I’ve done this before, but shorter.
17. Apollo missions. I enjoy the space program, and the fact that we were able to send a man to the moon with the technology of 40 years ago.
18. Holes of golf is eighteen holes more than I have ever played.
19. Acres in the middle of nowhere. That’s where we live.
20. 20 vision now eludes me. But I’m happy with my glasses.
21. Jump Street. I watched it a few times. Whatever happened to that Johnny Depp kid?
22. Years old. That’s how old I was when Laura and I got married. And considering that she is 2 years younger than me, we were just kids! But it turned out okay.
23. Years old. The age I keep telling Jaylin he has to be before he can date.
24. Hours in a day. Of which I am awake at least 18 of them. Usually more.
25. Things you may not know about me. Aren’t you glad you read all that?